Monday 19 November 2012

Looking ahead....

Todays weather

Before I go on with this post, I have a confession to make. I don’t check my blog very often. On average, I take a peek at the dashboard maybe once a week and even then, only when I feel like writing and posting something. So to all readers of this blog (probably 7 in total), if you post a comment on my blog, I apologize in my tardiness in moderating any comments. I hope this doesn't deter anyone from leaving comments.

It’s a pretty cold day today. Temperature is about 7°C but “Real feel” is 4°C. So today it feels like it’s pretty close to freezing. With the relatively thick fog and visibility down to 50 meters, I really don’t feel like going out (so all plans to go for a short run have gone out the window).

Since I’m stuck inside with not much else to do, I thought I’d write something. I haven’t got any new experiences relating to nasi lemak and on top of that, my memory has deserted me temporarily (another way to say I’m too lazy) so I can't recall some of my previous experiences either. Since that is the case, I thought I’d write about my plans for the next few days.

Nothing much will be happening over the next couple of days. However, on Thursday, my wife and I will be flying to the United Kingdom. The plan is to fly into Birmingham Airport in the morning, hire a car and head towards Liverpool to catch a football game (I’m a huge Liverpool fan). Along the way, we’re planning to stop somewhere near the outskirts of Manchester to visit my wife’s friend who runs a bistro in Stalybridge, 30 minutes from Manchester city center (the amount of time taken to drive from Manchester city center to Stalybridge was provided by Google Maps. I have no personal experience of driving that route so have no idea how long it would take).

At Anfield, Liverpool on 30th December 2011
Truth is, Stalybridge is nowhere near to being “along the way” to Liverpool. It’s a good 45 minutes in a totally different direction. But since my wife has graciously allowed me to watch a football game (while she will probably have to spend the evening in a hotel room watching whatever is on BBC), we will be making a major detour along the way (I also wouldn't mind some good Malaysian food too).

My wife tells me, the name of the café is the “Malay Bistro” (I have a suspicious feeling that she doesn't know the name of her friends bistro) and they serve fusion Malaysian food. I am not that keen on fusion Malaysian food. In my opinion, “fusionizing” (not sure if such a word exists but I guess you get my meaning) Malaysian food only corrupts the taste. But since the owner Teddy, has offered to make “nasi kandar”, I’m all for it (right now, I’ll drive 100 kilometers for a plate of good nasi kandar).

I am so looking forward to this trip. The football match will be quite enjoyable, but most importantly, the potential to eat some good Malaysian food (I will be doing a Google search for "Malaysian restaurants" in Liverpool). The UK has one of the largest populations of Malaysians living abroad. Hopefully I can get to sample more Malaysian food in the UK. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment